Thursday, June 3, 2010

We're getting married soon. Wow!

Hi all! The wedding is quickly bearing down on us, with less than two months to go. We're still finalizing the details of the ceremony and doing some other planning for the big day--really hoping the weather is good! Daily life is keeping us from stressing about the wedding; there are too many other things to think about: Scotty defends his creative writing thesis on Monday and graduation is next Saturday! Work continues to take up a lot of my time, and a new features section in our paper is giving me motivation but also takes a lot of work! I've been helping coach track for kids ages 4-14 two nights a week, and it's been so fun! Their first meet is Saturday.
My parents have been hard at work on the farm, as always. The barn roof is nearing completion, and we're hoping to have electricity hooked up there for the dance. I'm so thankful that Steve-O is a handy man! :-) Sadly, Harold won't be with us at the wedding. He passed away peacefully April 29. I know he will be in many of our thoughts as we celebrate at the farm where he made his life for so many years.
I hope all of you are enjoying spring, almost summer. I've only received a handful of email RSVPs so far. When you get a chance, let us know you're coming by emailing scottandbecky.july24@gmail.com. I really appreciate it. Oh, also let me know if you're planning to camp! Most of the spots are perfect for tents, but there will be room for some campers if you want to make a weekend of it. I think it would be really fun if a lot of people camped. Just something to think about. ;-) See you all soon!

Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment